- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Broth Recipe
|Meaty chicken bones||4 Pound, skin removed|
|Onions||2 Large, diced|
|Carrots||2 Large, diced|
|Leek||1 Large, diced|
|Fresh parsley stems||2 Bunch (200 gm)|
|Black peppercorns||2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh thyme sprig||1|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 543 Calories from Fat 28
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.1%
Saturated Fat 0.71 g3.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 273 mg11.4%
Total Carbohydrates 121 g40.4%
Dietary Fiber 25.3 g101.1%
Sugars 42 g
Protein 17 g34.2%
Vitamin A 882.7% Vitamin C 577.4%
Calcium 59.8% Iron 106.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a large,deep pot and add 1 gallon of water, and the chicken bones.
2) Bring to a simmer over medium heat, carefully skim the surface, and toss in the remaining ingredients.
3) Now return to a gentle simmer, cover halfway,and add more water if needed to keep the ingredients well covered.
4) Strain through a fine sieve and cool. Refrigerate once cooled.
5) Skim off the fat on the surface.
6) This broth can be kept in the refrigerator for upto 3 days if it is covered. Can be stored in a freezer for upto a month.