- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Broth With Vegetables Recipe
|Chicken backs and wings||6 Pound|
|Celery rib with leaves||4|
|Carrots||4 , peels left on and halved|
|Onions||2 Medium, skins left on and halved|
|Parsnips||2 , eels left on and halved|
|Ripe tomato/3 plum tomatoes||1 Large, halved|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), lightly bruised|
|Flat leaf parsley sprigs||8|
|Fresh dill sprigs||4|
|Thyme branch||2 Large (Fresh)|
|Coarse salt||1 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Per Taste)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3957 Calories from Fat 892
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 99 g152.5%
Saturated Fat 26.2 g130.8%
Trans Fat 1.9 g
Cholesterol 1551.4 mg
Sodium 7522.8 mg313.4%
Total Carbohydrates 122 g40.7%
Dietary Fiber 31 g124.1%
Sugars 46.8 g
Protein 613 g1225.3%
Vitamin A 950% Vitamin C 320.7%
Calcium 79.7% Iron 172.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash chicken pieces in water.
2. Discard any excess fat.
3. In a large soup pot, place the chicken and add all the remaining ingredients.
4. Bring the pot to a boil.
5. Cover the pot partially.
6. Simmer gently on medium heat and simmer gently for 1 1/2 hours.
7. Carefully skim any foam that rises to the surface.
8. Add seasoning to taste and cook for extra 30 minutes.
9. Remove the pot from the heat.
10. Strain the broth.
11. Strain it again through a fine sieve to get clear broth.
12. Let it cool to room temperature.
13. For immediate use, set broth aside for 15 minutes to allow the fat to rise to the surface.
14. Skim all the fat completely.
15. To store broth for future use, transfer cooled broth to a container.
16. Cover and refrigerate the container.
17. Remove the hardened layer of fat from the top before using.
18. Use the broth within 3 to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.