- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Broth Recipe
|Chicken||3 Pound, cut into serving pieces (1 Bird)|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, halved and stuck with 2 cloves|
|Cloves||2 (To Stick Into Onion)|
|Carrot||1 , halved|
|Celery stalk with leaves||1|
|Celery stalk with leaves||1 , halved|
|Crushed dried basil/Crushed dried sage / thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 443 Calories from Fat 228
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.8%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g36%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 152 mg
Sodium 162.3 mg6.8%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 47 g93.2%
Vitamin A 41.3% Vitamin C 7.7%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 12.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large soup pot, bring chicken pieces to a boil with water.
2) Lower heat and then remove the particles that rise to the surface.
3) Mix in rest of the ingredients and uncover and simmer gently for 2 hours.
4) Through a fine sieve, strain the broth and remove vegetables.
5) Store chicken in the refrigerator or use immediately.
6) Keep the broth aside at room temperature until lukewarm and then keep in refrigerator for several hours or a whole night.
7) Remove the excess fat from the top and use as required.