- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Breasts Scaloppine With Wild Mushroom Sauce Recipe
|Whole chicken breasts||2 Pound, boned, skinned, and flattened to 1/2 inch thick (Two About 1 Pound Each)|
|Mushrooms/Dried mushrooms re-hydrated in 1 cup hot water for 30 minutes||2 Ounce (Fresh Shiitake Or Wild)|
|Mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, cleaned, thinly sliced|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||4 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Fresh thyme/1/4 teaspoon dried thyme||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Arrowroot||1 Teaspoon, mixed|
|Chicken stock||1 Tablespoon (Or Water)|
|Walnut oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 406 Calories from Fat 149
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.6%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 147.8 mg
Sodium 644.2 mg26.8%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.75 g3%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 55 g109.6%
Vitamin A 11.9% Vitamin C 14.2%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 14.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a sauté pan, heat the oils over medium-high heat.
2. One at a time, add the chicken breasts and sear for 30 seconds on each side.
3. Remove to a platter and set aside.
4. Melt the butter in the same pan.
5. Add the mushrooms, shallots, and garlic.
6. You need to sauté for 5 minutes, or until softened by consistent stirring frequently,.
7. Turn the heat to medium high and add the stock, thyme, salt, and pepper.
8. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium, and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half. Add the arrowroot mixture,
9. Stir for thorough mixing, and simmer for 1 minute more, or until the sauce is slightly thickened.
10. Return the chicken breasts to the pan and heat through.
11. Dish out and serve immediately.