- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Breasts Milano Recipe
|Whole chicken breasts||80 Ounce, split (8 Breasts, 10 Ounce Each)|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Chopped italian flat leaf parsley/Curly parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Oregano leaf||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Crushed red pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Spinach leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), steamed|
|Hot cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red pepper strips||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 503 Calories from Fat 165
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.7%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 169 mg
Sodium 317.3 mg13.2%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.29 g1.2%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 68 g136.6%
Vitamin A 7.2% Vitamin C 27.9%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 15.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Combine the oil, wine, garlic, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper to taste and red pepper flakes in a shallow pan. Add the chicken and turn to coat with the marinade. Cover the pan and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Remove the chicken from the marinade, reserving the marinade.
3. Place the breast halves, skin-side up, in 1 or 2 roasting pans. Brush the chicken with part of the reserved marinade.
4. Bake the chicken in the preheated moderate oven (375°), basting occasionally with the marinade, for 40 minutes or until the skin is crisp.
5. Sprinkle part of the Parmesan cheese over the chicken. Return the chicken to the oven and bake just until the Parmesan cheese begins to turn golden. Remove from the oven.
6. Line a platter with the spinach, then the rice. Arrange the chicken breast halves on top. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese and garnish with the red pepper strips.