- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Breasts In Watercress Sauce Recipe
|Whole chicken breasts||3 , skinned, boned, and halved|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Eggs||2 , beaten well|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (As Required, For Dredging)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cold unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon, cut into small pieces (1/2 Stick)|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, minced|
|Shallots/1 small onion, finely chopped||3 , peeled and minced|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Bunch (25 gm), stemmed and blanched for 10 seconds (1/2 Small Bunch)|
|Watercress||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm), stemmed and blanched for 10 seconds (2 Small Bunches)|
|All-purpose flour||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 819 Calories from Fat 560
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g97.7%
Saturated Fat 31.5 g157.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 336.1 mg
Sodium 266 mg11.1%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.66 g2.7%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 37 g73.9%
Vitamin A 59.9% Vitamin C 29.4%
Calcium 13.1% Iron 15.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Sprinkle the chicken breast pieces with salt and pepper.
2. Put the eggs and flour in a different bowl with shallow depth.
3. Dip each of the chicken pieces in the egg then roll into flour.
4. Shake off the extra flour.
5. Take a sauté pan and heat the oil.
6. Sauté the chicken pieces against medium-high flame until both the sides of a chicken pieces turn golden brown, it will take about 5 minutes to cook in each side.
7. Transfer the chicken pieces into a warm plate and cover the same to keep it warm.
8. Take a saucepan and pour wine and cream into it, bring it to boiling and cook until the quantity gets ½ than its initial quantity.
9. In a small sauté pan, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter.
10. Sauté the garlic and shallots until these two ingredients get soft, somehow must not be browned by over cooking.
11. In a blender or a food processor fitted with a steel blade, combine the cream reduction, parsley, watercress, and garlic and shallot mixture.
12. Process the ingredients until it becomes even and smooth.
13. Add the mixture to the sauté pan and cook the sauce against medium-low flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
14. Whisk in the residual butter a piece at a time. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to add taste in it.
15. Place the chicken pieces on individual plates, spoon the sauce on the chicken pieces, and serve.