- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Breast And Asparagus Salad With Hazelnut Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
|Whole chicken breasts||3 Pound, skinned, boned, and halved (3 Breasts, 1 Pound Each)|
|White wine vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, sliced into rounds|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Asparagus spears||10 , skinny, tough ends trimmed|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Reduced To ¼ Cup)|
|Bibb lettuce heads||2 , washed and spun-dried|
|For the vinaigrette|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Shallots||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Hazelnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), very finely chopped, toasted (Se A Blender Or Nut Chopper)|
|Hazelnuts||2 Tablespoon, coarsely chopped, toasted (For Garnish)|
|Cherry tomatoes||8 , halved|
Calories 530 Calories from Fat 239
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g40.9%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g12.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 132.7 mg
Sodium 370.7 mg15.4%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 58 g115.3%
Vitamin A 90.9% Vitamin C 34.7%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 25.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. In order to create the pockets for stuffing create an opening along the side of each breast, with the help of a sharp knife.
3. Place the breasts in a shallow glass dish.
4. Take a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, onion, garlic, and parsley.
5. Season them with salt and pepper.
6. Pour the mixture on the chicken breasts and put them under a plastic wrap.
7. Place this seasoned chicken breast in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
8. Preheat the boiler.
9. For cooking asparagus take a medium sized pot of water and allow it to get boiled.
10. Drop the asparagus into it and blanch them for 1-2 minutes; take care so that the asparagus do not become soft; ideally they will be tender only but firm.
11. Drain and let cool.
12. Cut into 2-inch pieces, reserving the tips.
13. Remove the onions from marinade and dice them finely.
14. Take a small bowl and combine 2 tablespoons of the stock and the marinated onions.
15. Divide the mixture evenly between the chicken breasts and stuff them into the pockets.
16. Place the stuffed chicken breast pieces on a baking sheet; cover them with aluminum foil.
17. Broil 4-5 minutes per side.
18. Allow the chicken pieces to be settled and to get cool slightly.
19. While the chicken breast pieces are getting cooked, cut the lettuce leaves and arrange them into a salad bowl along with asparagus pieces.
20. Take a small bowl and whisk together whisk together the vinegar, oil, stock, shallots, mustard, honey, and finely chopped hazelnuts.
21. Mix well all the ingredients.
22. Pour the vinaigrette into a small saucepan
23. Briefly heat just until warm
24. Immediately drizzle over the lettuce and asparagus tips, and toss to coat well.
25. Arrange on a platter and place the chicken breasts in the center of the salad.
26. Sprinkle the coarsely chopped hazelnut over the top.
27. You can pass the left over dressing separately.