- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Bouillabaisse Recipe Video
|Chicken thighs||8 (skin on and bone in)|
|White wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange zest||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped finely|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs) (with their juices)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crush|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
Calories 597 Calories from Fat 360
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.9%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 137.8 mg45.9%
Sodium 506.1 mg21.1%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.3%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 32 g64.4%
Vitamin A 31.7% Vitamin C 49%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 23.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
2. Place a large saute pan on flame and heat olive oil in it.
3. Drop onion and let it sweat, uncovered for 10 minutes.
4. Add orange zest, saffron, thyme, and white wine. Stir and bring it to a boil.
5. Drop chopped tomatoes, and chicken stock. Bring it back to a boil.
6. Throw chicken thighs into the pan, cover and pop it in oven for 45 minutes.
7. Meanwhile for white sauce, in a mixing bowl add mayonnaise, paprika, garlic, and lemon juice.
8. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
10. Remove the pan from oven and place it back on flame. Cook uncovered for an additional 25-30 minutes.
11. In a serving platter, place a piece of chicken thigh, cover it with broth and serve it with bread and white sauce.