- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Blintz Recipe
|Hen||1 1⁄2 Medium|
|Chicken fat/Butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Chopped green onions||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped pimiento||1 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Burgundy wine||8 Fluid Ounce (Or 1 Wine Glass)|
|Basic pie pastry||1 (Ready Made, For 6)|
Calories 743 Calories from Fat 373
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.6%
Saturated Fat 12.8 g64%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 153.7 mg
Sodium 486.8 mg20.3%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.89 g3.6%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 50 g100.2%
Vitamin A 4.1% Vitamin C 7.3%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 26.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Boil the chicken in a large stock pot, covering it with sufficient water and simmering over low flame for almost 45 minutes until meat falls off with a fork.
2. Remove chicken and cool slightly before shredding the meat.
3. Strain the stock and reserve.
4. In a large skillet, melt the fat or butter over a medium flame.
5. Add the onions and brown well.
6. Blend in the flour and sauté until browned.
7. Gradually blend in the stock, stirring continuously and cook until thick and smooth over a low flame for 10 minutes
8. Stir in the wine, Worcestershire sauce, pimiento, lemon juice, parsley and seasonings.
9. Remove half the sauce into a saucepan and keep warm over a double boiler.
10. Into the remaining sauce, stir in the chicken,. allow the sauce to cool slightly
11. Heat fat in a deep fat fryer to 325°F
12. Roll out the puff into 1 inch thickness and cut into 5 inch circles using a saucer.
13. Spoon the chicken filling on one half and fold the pastry over and crimp the edges.
14. When the fat is hot, fry the pasties for about 4 minutes until golden brown.
15. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
16. Reheat the brown sauce.
17. Serve the Chicken Blintz hot and crisp with the reserved brown sauce.