- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Bits and Livers Recipe
|Chicken breast halves||4 , skinned and boned|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), divided|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken livers||1 Pound|
Calories 332 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.9%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g31.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 314.6 mg
Sodium 93 mg3.9%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 0.84 g3.4%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 29 g59%
Vitamin A 172.4% Vitamin C 23.7%
Calcium 1.9% Iron 48.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Using a knife, cut chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes; then coat the pieces in 3/4 cup flour.
2. In a heavy skillet, melt 1/4 cup butter over medium heat; add chicken, and saute until browned.
3. Remove and drain excess oil; arrange on platter.
4. Pour off any drippings from skillet.
5. Dredge chicken livers in remaining flour.
6. In skillet, melt 1/4 cup butter; add livers and cook until browned.
7. Drain the livers on paper towels; arrange over chicken.
8. Serve hot on 6 individual plates.