- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Filipino Chicken Binakol Recipe Video
|Whole chicken||2 Pound, cut into serving pieces|
|Young coconut water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Young coconut meat||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fish sauce||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Green papaya||1 Small, wedged|
|Hot pepper leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon grass stalks||4 , cut in 1 inch length and pounded|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, chopped (About 1 Knob)|
|Garlic cloves||4 , minced|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Cooking oil||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 943 Calories from Fat 520
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g90%
Saturated Fat 13 g65%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 170.1 mg56.7%
Sodium 1398.2 mg58.3%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21.1%
Dietary Fiber 26.3 g105.3%
Sugars 16.4 g
Protein 56 g111.6%
Vitamin A 647.9% Vitamin C 133.6%
Calcium 21.1% Iron 96.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Saute garlic when the oil is hot.
3. Put-in onions, ginger, and lemon grass, and then cook for 1 minute.
4. Add the chicken. Stir and cook until the color turns light brown (about 3 to 5 minutes)
5. Add ground black pepper and fish sauce. Stir.
6. Put-in the young coconut meat, young coconut water, and chicken broth. Allow to boil, and then simmer for 30 to 40 minutes.
7. Add the green papaya. Cook for 5 minutes.
8. Put-in the hot pepper leaves and cook for a minute more.
9. Turn the heat off, and then transfer to a serving bowl.
10. Serve with steamed rice.
11. Share and enjoy!