- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Barbecue On Buns Recipe
|Celery||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Green pepper||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Garlic powder||1 Dash|
|Barbecue sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Prepared / Bottled)|
|Canned chicken chunks/Thigh / use home cooked chicken meat cut into chunks||5 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Hamburger buns||2 , split in half|
Calories 292 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.7%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.6 mg
Sodium 480.1 mg20%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.6%
Sugars 9.8 g
Protein 16 g31.6%
Vitamin A 11.1% Vitamin C 26.7%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 6.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over moderate flame.
2. Add the celery, onion, green pepper and garlic powder. SautÃ© until limp.
3. Tip in the barbecue sauce and the chicken. Stir well to mix.
4. Allow the mixture to heat through, stirring to prevent it from sticking to the pan.
5. Spoon the hot mixture on the buns and serve hot.