- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Filipino Chicken Barbecue Recipe Video
|Chicken leg quarters||4 , cleaned|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon/4 pieces calamansi||1|
|Ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Banana ketchup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 222 Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 107.2 mg35.7%
Sodium 3171.1 mg132.1%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 29 g58.6%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C 19%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Put the chicken leg quarters inside a large freezer bag, and then pour-in the marinade.
3. Shake the bag gently to coat the chicken with marinade then remove the air inside the bag. Seal the bag then refrigerate overnight.
4. Remove the chicken from the bag and transfer the remaining marinade to a bowl.
5. Heat-up your grill and start grilling the chicken under medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes per side or until the chicken is completely cooked. Do not forget to baste the chicken with the remaining marinade mixture.
Note: Chicken takes a long time to cook. Grilling it in high heat will cause the outer part of the chicken to cook earlier leaving the inside raw.
6. Remove from the grill and transfer to a serving plate.
7. Serve with steamed rice.
8. Share and enjoy!