- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Bacon Blue Salad Recipe Video
|Extra virgin olive oil||6 Tablespoon (2 tablespoons for searing the chicken + 4 tablespoons for the dressing)|
|Blue cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bacon||8 Ounce, cooked and sliced|
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fig balsamic vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 1052 Calories from Fat 773
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 86 g132.2%
Saturated Fat 15.1 g75.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 115.5 mg
Sodium 866.7 mg36.1%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.5%
Sugars 18.3 g
Protein 42 g84.2%
Vitamin A 72.8% Vitamin C 54.8%
Calcium 36.3% Iron 22.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil and sear the chicken for about 10 minutes.
2. Once the chicken is seared, cool and dice it up into pieces.
3. In a bowl, add the arugula, diced chicken and blue cheese.
4. Next, add the grapes, blueberries, bacon and almonds.
5. For the dressing- In a bowl, add the fig balsamic vinegar, remaining olive oil and mustard and mix.
6. Add the dressing to the salad and toss.
7. Serve as a side dish or you can also serve this salad as a main dish.