- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Asparagus Pie Recipe
|Pastry||1 (For 2 Crust Pie)|
|Canned asparagus||14 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Chopped cooked chicken||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Hard boiled eggs||4 , sliced|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 339 Calories from Fat 104
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.7%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 241.7 mg
Sodium 462 mg19.3%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 47 g94.9%
Vitamin A 22.1% Vitamin C 27.3%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Set the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Take a 1 1/2-quart baking dish and line it with pastry.
Allow the asparagus to drain and set the liquid aside.
3) Take a third of the chicken and place it in the crust.
4) Now, add half of the eggs.
5) Next, introduce half the asparagus.
6) Repeat the layers in the same way.
7) Add chicken for the final layer.
8) Add the liquid to the chicken broth to measure 3 cups.
9) Season the broth mixture with salt, pepper and garlic.
10) Cover the chicken with the broth mixture.
11) Finally, cover the top with pastry strips.
12) Bake for around 45 minutes.
13) Serve the dish warm.