- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken and Vegetables Recipe
|Fryer chicken||3 Pound (1 Fryer)|
|Dashi/2 cups clam juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Beef broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bamboo shoots||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced|
|Water chestnuts||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|String beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut in 2-inch lengths|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1235 Calories from Fat 530
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g90.5%
Saturated Fat 15 g74.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 255.1 mg
Sodium 8819.4 mg367.5%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g28.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.7%
Sugars 23.8 g
Protein 88 g175.9%
Vitamin A 9.8% Vitamin C 55.5%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 33.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Remove the skin and debone the chicken.
2) Cut the chicken in 2 inches by 1 inch pieces.
3) In a saucepan, boil together dashi or the broth, clam, chicken, soy sauce, sugar, mushrooms, potatoes, water chestnuts and Ac-€™cent.
4) Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
5) In another saucepan, bring water to boil and cook beans for 4 minutes.
6) Drain and add to chicken mixture, cook for 2 minutes more.
7) Serve hot in a deep large bowl.