- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken And Vegetables Recipe
|Chicken||1 , cut up|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced (For Frying)|
|Frozen mixed vegetables||1 Pound|
Calories 777 Calories from Fat 380
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.9%
Saturated Fat 12 g59.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 251.2 mg
Sodium 402.6 mg16.8%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.6%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 80 g160%
Vitamin A 123.6% Vitamin C 23.4%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 23.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Marinate chicken with salt and pepper.
2) In a slow cooker add the chicken, stir in bay leaf, lemon juice, cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
3) Remove bones and reserve liquid.
4) In a microwave, cook 1/2 cup liquid with celery and onion for 2 minutes.
5) Stir in frozen vegetables and microwave until done.
6) Take a slow cooker, and return all the ingredients.
7) Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes.
8) Serve over cooked rice.