- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken and Sprouts Recipe
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Bean sprouts||1 Cup (16 tbs), rinsed and dried thoroughly|
|Chicken breast||5 Ounce, skinned and boned, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Ginger root||1⁄4 Teaspoon, minced, pared|
|Scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (Green Onions)|
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Honey||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 170 Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.3%
Saturated Fat 0.92 g4.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.1 mg
Sodium 303.7 mg12.7%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 19 g37.7%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C 21.2%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a wok or 8 inch non-stick skillet, stir-fry the sprouts in 1 teaspoon oil over a high heat for 1 to 2 minutes, until lightly browned and tender. Remove and keep warm.
2) In the same wok or skillet, stir-fry the chicken and ginger in 1 teaspoon oil for 2 minutes.
3) Stir in the scallions and stir-fry for another 2 to 3 minutes until the chicken is tender and evenly browned.
4) Stir in the soy sauce and honey, stir constantly and cook for another 1 minute.
5) Spoon the chicken mixture over warm sprouts and serve immediately.