- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken And Spinach Filled Crepes Recipe
|Fresh spinach/One 10-ounce package chopped spinach||1 Pound|
|Butter/Margarine||10 Tablespoon, divided|
|Sliced fresh mushrooms||8 Ounce (3 Cups)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Pepper white||1 Dash|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely shredded swiss cheese||6 Ounce, divided (1 1/2 Cups)|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pine nuts||2 Tablespoon, toasted|
|Finely shredded lemon peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried chervil||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Chopped cooked chicken||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
Calories 986 Calories from Fat 573
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g100.2%
Saturated Fat 32.7 g163.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 191.9 mg
Sodium 1388.8 mg57.9%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.8%
Sugars 12.6 g
Protein 59 g118.6%
Vitamin A 241.5% Vitamin C 57.6%
Calcium 60.4% Iron 25.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
2. Clean spinach by washing and once done, take the stems out.
3. Take a 3 quart saucepan, put water with salt, add spinach and allow boiling for 3-5 minutes until tender.
4. Strain; take the extra liquid out by pressing the leaves well.
5. Cut the spinach and keep aside.
6. If using the frozen spinach, follow instructions and squeeze before cutting.
7. Take a 10 inch skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter or margarine in it.
8. Put mushrooms and allow them to cook by stirring on medium high flame for 4-5 minutes.
9. Once done, turn off the heat and keep the mushrooms aside.
10. Take 1 quart saucepan; heat 4 tablespoons of unused butter or margarine in it.
11. Add flour, 1 teaspoon salt and white pepper.
12. Stir well and put milk and chicken broth in it.
13. Let the mixture cook until frothy and thick.
14. Cook for 1 more minute and put Swiss cheese.
15. Heat until the cheese melts.
16. Add mushrooms, cook and keep the sauce aside.
17. Take a 12 inch skillet; melt 4 tablespoon butter or margarine in it along with cooking oil.
18. Put onions and cook till soft.
19. Add pine nuts and leftover 1 teaspoon of salt, lemon peel and chervil.
20. Add chicken, cooked spinach and 1 cup of sauce.
21. With the spoon, put 1/3 cup of the filling mixture on the center of crepe on the side which is not browned.
22. Take a buttered 12x7 1/2x2-inch baking dish; put the rolled crepe in it with the open side facing down.
23. Drizzle the remaining sauce on the crepes and garnish with grated Swiss cheese.
24. Bake for 30- 35 minutes
25. Serve warm with sauce