- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken and Shrimp Spanish Rice Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken breast||200 Gram, trimmed, chopped (1)|
|Shrimp||454 Gram, peeled, cleaned|
|Yellow onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Chili flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Smoked paprika||1⁄2 Teaspoon (or sweet)|
|Medium grain rice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Diced tomatoes||400 Gram (1 can)|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Flat leaf parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon wedges||10 Gram|
Calories 865 Calories from Fat 193
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.4%
Saturated Fat 4 g19.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 349.5 mg116.5%
Sodium 570.1 mg23.8%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g25.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.4%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 87 g174.9%
Vitamin A 46.8% Vitamin C 66.4%
Calcium 16.4% Iron 40.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place a heavy bottom pan on high flame and heat 1 tablespoon of oil in it.
2. Drop chicken and shrimp into the pan. Cook until golden and cooked through. Remove chicken and shrimp from pan and set aside.
3. In the same pan, heat the remaining oil. Throw onion, garlic, chilli and paprika. Cook for 2 minutes or until softened.
4. Add rice, tomato and stock. Mix well, reduce heat to low and cover the pan with lid. Cook for about 20--25 minutes or until done.
5. Drop chicken and shrimp back into the pan. Cook for another minute or until heated through.
6. Serve rice hot with parsley and lemon wedge garnish.