- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken and Sausage with Roasted Garlic, Broccoli and Tomatoes Recipe Video
|Broccoli heads||1 1⁄2 Medium|
|Garlic head||1 Large|
|Yellow onion||1⁄2 Large|
|Italian sausage||2 Medium|
|Tomato||2 Medium (fresh on the vine)|
|Arugula||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 568 Calories from Fat 360
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.7%
Saturated Fat 10.9 g54.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.5 mg
Sodium 597.1 mg24.9%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g34.1%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 22 g43.3%
Vitamin A 52.9% Vitamin C 294.2%
Calcium 15.9% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.
2. Place a full head of garlic wrapped in a foil in the oven and bake it for half an hour.
3. Cut the broccoli heads, give them a wash and cover with plastic wrap and let them steam in the microwave for 3 minutes.
4. In a skillet, add the olive oil and the chopped onions.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Next goes in the sausage.
7. Brown the sausage for a little while before adding the chicken.
8. Empty the diced tomatoes in the skillet and let it all get cooked together.
9. Add in the garlic just when everything looks done and give it a good mix.
10. Throw in the arugula and let it wilt down.
11. Serve on a bed of pasta or rice.