- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken and Potato Soup Recipe
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Boneless chicken breasts||2|
|Chopped mushrooms||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Diced potatoes||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Celery sticks||2 , finely diced (450 Gram)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Pint (750 Milliliter, Plus, 2 Chicken Stock Cubes)|
|Chicken stock cubes||2|
|Milk||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Mixed herbs||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 237 Calories from Fat 65
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.2%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 51.4 mg
Sodium 410.7 mg17.1%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.9%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 19 g37.4%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 6.4%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Heat a pan and melt butter and oil.
2) Put in the onion and garlic and sauté until soft but do not brown.
3) Using a knife, chop the chicken into small pieces. Put it in the pan, cook until lightly golden.
4) Now, put in the mushrooms and stir fry until soft.
5) Put in potatoes, celery, water and stock cubes, let it come to a boil.
6) Pour in milk and add herbs and pepper.
7) Let it simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
8) Serve the soup hot in soup bowls.