- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken and Plantain Poulet DG Recipe Video
|Plantain||5 Medium, sliced|
|Chicken||1⁄2 Medium, cut into large pieces|
|Carrot||1 , sliced in circles|
|Green beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into pieces|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), chopped finely|
|Fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Green bell pepper||1 Medium, chopped|
|Fresh tomato||2 Medium, diced|
|Celery leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Basil leaves||1 Tablespoon (fresh/ dried)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon (FOR GARNISHING) (Optional)|
|Leeks||1 Teaspoon (FOR GARNISHING) (Optional)|
Calories 834 Calories from Fat 266
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.8%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g37%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 125.6 mg
Sodium 178.6 mg7.4%
Total Carbohydrates 107 g35.5%
Dietary Fiber 11.2 g44.9%
Sugars 48.7 g
Protein 45 g89.3%
Vitamin A 140.4% Vitamin C 166.4%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 24.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Clean and wash the chicken and cut to desired shape and size.
2. Peel and slice the plantain to thin circles.
3. Chop the garlic, celery, basil if using fresh leaves.
4. Dice the tomatoes.
5. Slice the onions and green pepper, carrot.
6. Heat oil in a deep pan and fry the plantain slices till golden brown. Keep aside
7. Add salt and white pepper on the chicken. Fry it in the oil till golden brown. Set aside.
8. In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoon oil and put carrot, green beans. Stir fry for a few minutes.
9. Add the tomatoes, onion, garlic, ginger, cover and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
10. Put the celery, black pepper, basil leaves, bouillon cube and mix well. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
11. Transfer the fried plantain with 1 cup of water. Stir and cook for few minutes.
12. Add the fried chicken, green pepper, salt to taste and stir to mix.
13. Cover with the lid and heat on low heat for 15 minutes till flavours come together.
14. In a serving plate, put a portion of chicken and plantain, garnish it with parsley or leeks and serve it warm with choice of bread or rice.