- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken and Mushrooms with Fresh Artichokes Recipe
|Fryers||2 , disjointed|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Chicken broth||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
Calories 1140 Calories from Fat 673
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 75 g115.6%
Saturated Fat 26.5 g132.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 344.8 mg
Sodium 741.1 mg30.9%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g34%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 86 g171.8%
Vitamin A 12.3% Vitamin C 30.1%
Calcium 7% Iron 13.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Discard the stem and 2 or 3 outer layers of artichoke leaves and trim away 2/3 inches from the top of the artichokes.
2) Cut each artichoke in half.
3) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
4) Fill a saucepan with 2 to 3 inches of salted water and cook the artichokes tender in the boiling water.
5) Drain the artichokes and keep them aside.
6) Coat the chicken with pepper paprika and pepper.
7) In a large skillet, heat 4 tablespoons margarine until brown.
8) Take a large sized shallow roasting pan and layer the chicken and artichokes on it.
9) In a skillet, saute the mushrooms in the remaining margarine until brown.
10) To the mushrooms, add the flour and then, pour over the sherry and broth gradually.
11) Boil the mixture with constant stirring.
12) Add the salt and pour the chicken and artichokes over the mixture.
13) Bake the mixture covered in the oven with occasional basting at 375-degree for an hour.
14) Serve with fresh green salad and buttered noodles.