- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken and Mushroom Pie Recipe Video
|Chicken||250 Gram, sliced|
|Mushroom||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Leek/Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Corn||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mixed italian herbs||To Taste|
|White sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Puff pastry sheets||1 1⁄2|
|Oil||1 Teaspoon (For greasing)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
Calories 654 Calories from Fat 359
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.3%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 97.1 mg
Sodium 714.3 mg29.8%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.7%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 24 g49%
Vitamin A 14.6% Vitamin C 5.8%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to desired temperature.
2. Grease a baking dish and line it with puff pastry(1 sheet).
3. Cut the puff pastry diagonally into strips( 1/2 sheet).
4. In a saucepan, melt margarine, add chicken, saute until the color changes. Add leeks, corn, mushrooms, mix after each addition.Season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
5. Add white sauce, stir and cook for a couple of minutes. Add salt and pepper if required.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish, arrange the pastry puff strips and brush with egg.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.
8. Cut into squares and serve.