- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken and Mushroom Pancakes Recipe
|For the filling|
|Chicken livers||4 Ounce|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Chicken||2 Ounce, cooked|
|For the pancake|
|Plain flour||4 Ounce|
Calories 285 Calories from Fat 112
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.4%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g31.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 181.7 mg
Sodium 282.2 mg11.8%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.9 g3.6%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 14 g28.6%
Vitamin A 69.1% Vitamin C 9%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 17.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For the filling chop the livers and mushrooms.
2. To make the pancake batter:
3. Into a bowl sift the flour and salt and make a well in the centre.
4. Into the well add the egg and a little of the milk and beat, adding extra milk to make a smooth thick batter.
5. Beat again for 2-3 minutes and with cover let it stand for as long as possible.
6. Add the rest of the milk if needed.
7. To make the filling:
8. In a pan heat butter and cook the chopped livers and mushrooms until the mushrooms are tender.
9. Stir in the flour and mix well.
10. Then stir in stock until boiling and boil for 1 minute.
11. Add the chopped chicken and season carefully.
12. To make the pancake:
13. To cook pancakes melt a little unsalted butter in a small frying pan enough only to give a thin film over the bottom of the pan and pour in enough batter to give a thin layer, tilting the pan so that the bottom is evenly covered.
14. Move the pan around while the pancake is cooking, loosening it from the sides of the pan.
15. Turn with a palette knife when set and lightly browned on the underside and brown the other side.
16. Now place a spoonful of the filling in the centre and roll up.
17. Serve the pancakes with bacon strips, tomato sauce, cheese or your desired garnish.
Pancakes will keep hot in the oven or over a pan of hot water if stacked with a piece of greaseproof paper between each one.
To the pancakes hot place into a fireproof dish.