- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken and Leek Puff Recipe
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Leeks||2 Medium, cleaned and sliced|
|Milk||1⁄2 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Garlic and herb full fat soft cheese||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Chopped parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Puff pastry||12 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
Calories 643 Calories from Fat 311
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.3%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 152.4 mg
Sodium 410 mg17.1%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 41 g81.3%
Vitamin A 35.8% Vitamin C 34.4%
Calcium 12% Iron 27.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat the oven to 425°F/220°C/Gas 7.
2) Using a knife, slice the chicken into strips.
3) Heat a pan with oil, slightly fry the chicken for 5 minutes. Put in the leeks and sauté for a further 3 minutes.
4) Scatter some flour into the pan, cook stirring continuously for 1 minute.
5) Take away the pan from the heat and stir in the milk.
6) Keep the pan back on the heat source and bring to the boil, stir until it thickens.
7) Take away from the heat and stir in the cheese and parsley.
8) Add salt and pepper to taste and leave until cold.
9) On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry into a rectangle and brush with beaten egg.
10) Add the filling over half the pastry leaving a border around the edge.
11) Fold the pastry over the filling. Crimp the edges and seal.
12) Using a knife, make cuts in the top.
13) Bake in oven for 20 minutes until golden.
14) Serve hot.