- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gourmet Chicken Dumplings Recipe
|Chicken pieces||3 1⁄2 Pound|
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Carrots||4 Medium, sliced|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 544 Calories from Fat 112
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19.1%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g15.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 277.8 mg
Sodium 1341.8 mg55.9%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 86 g171.7%
Vitamin A 209.3% Vitamin C 24.5%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 21.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 3-quart casserole, add the chicken, hot water, onion, celery, carrots, salt and pepper.
2) Cover and cook in the microwave for 15 minutes.
3) In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and cold water together, then stir into the chicken mixture and blend well.
4) Cover and cook in the microwave for 14 to 17 minutes , until the chicken is tender.
5) Spoon the dumplings around edge of the dish, cover and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until puffed.
6) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.