- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Culinary Carrie: Quick Chicken and Dumplings Recipe Video
|For the dumplings|
|Bisquick mix||40 Ounce|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|For the chicken soup|
|Onion||1 Medium, chop|
|Chicken broth||14 1⁄2 Ounce (swanson)|
|Cooked chicken||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), shredded|
|Frozen vegetables pack||1|
Calories 924 Calories from Fat 277
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.8%
Saturated Fat 7.1 g35.7%
Trans Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 46.1 mg
Sodium 2133.8 mg88.9%
Total Carbohydrates 127 g42.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.6%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 30 g59.2%
Vitamin A 6.3% Vitamin C 7.6%
Calcium 22.3% Iron 32.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needstock pot
1. Chop the onion and shred the whole cooked chicken, reserve the carcass for making stocks.
2. In a large stock pot pour some oil and sauté the onion for 5 minutes or until translucent, add the chicken broth and stir.
3. Add the sage, basil and thyme, stir well, add the shredded cooked chicken in to the stock pot along with the frozen vegetables, stir and bring it to a boil.
4. In the meantime in a large bowl combine water and bisquick mix, whisk it well.
5. The moment the soup comes to a boil add spoon full of the dumpling mix in the soup one at a time until the mix is over.
6. Simmer the dumplings in the soup for 10 minutes uncovered and then cover the pot and simmer for further 10 minutes.
7. Once done turn off the heat and serve.
8. Serve the chicken and dumplings hot.