- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Flavorful Chicken and Dressing Casserole Recipe Video
|Chicken breast||4 , uncooked, unseasoned (or 8 chicken tenderloins)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cream of celery soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (preferably sodium-reduced)|
|Cream of chicken soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (preferably sodium-reduced)|
|Chicken broth||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (1/2 cup + 2 cups)|
|Dry onion soup mix||1⁄2 Packet (Optional)|
|Herb seasoned stuffing mix||8 Ounce (Pepperidge Farm herb-seasoned stuffing mix)|
|Cooking oil spray||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 312 Calories from Fat 78
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.5%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 57 mg
Sodium 1310.9 mg54.6%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.1%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 25 g49.9%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 13.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Spray the bottom of a 13-inch by 9-inch by 2-inch baking dish with cooking oil spray.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
3. In a skillet, heat butter and extra virgin olive oil over medium heat.
4. Place chicken breast (chicken tenderloins) in hot butter/oil mixture. Brown the chicken on both sides and place in sprayed baking dish.
5. Sprinkle onion soup mix over the top of the chicken.
6. In a medium saucepan, mix together cream of celery soup, cream of chicken soup, and ½ cup of chicken broth. Stir over medium heat until warm and smooth.
7. Pour soup mixture over chicken .
8. In a medium-sized bowl, mix 2 cups of chicken broth with herb-seasoned stuffing mix. Stir until the stuffing mix absorbs most of the broth.
9. Spread dressing mixture over top of casserole.
10. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
11. Remove foil and continue to bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the top of the stuffing is beginning to brown and become crisp.
17. Take it out and serve immediately.