- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken and Corn Chowder Recipe Video
|Bacon slices||5 , cooked and crumbled|
|Onion||1 Large, diced|
|Celery||2 , stalks|
|Carrots||2 Large, diced|
|Jalapeno pepper||2 Large, diced|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Creole seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Low sodium chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Lime||1 Small, juiced|
|Niblets corn||20 Ounce|
|Potatoes||2 Large, peeled and diced|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Boneless, skinless chicken breasts||2|
|Hot sauce||To Taste|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornflake crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely ground|
|Fresh cilantro||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4229 Calories from Fat 533
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g90.8%
Saturated Fat 18.7 g93.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 263 mg
Sodium 1956.2 mg81.5%
Total Carbohydrates 723 g241.1%
Dietary Fiber 136 g544.1%
Sugars 50.9 g
Protein 207 g414.7%
Vitamin A 577.4% Vitamin C 362.9%
Calcium 62.1% Iron 269.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat the butter and olive oil in a large Dutch oven at medium high.
2. Add the onions, celery, carrots, chicken, jalapeno pepper, and sauté for approximately ten minutes until the onion becomes translucent.
3. Sprinkle on the Creole seasoning and mix well to incorporate.
4. Add the chicken stock, lime juice, corn, potatoes, and garlic and bring to a boil.
5. Let simmer for ten minutes.
6. Scoop one cup of corn, potatoes, carrots, and a little broth out of the pot and blend until smooth with one cup milk.
7. Stir that back into the soup along with the cornflake crumbs.
8. Add crumbled bacon, add hot sauce to taste.
9. Garnish with fresh cilantro if desired and serve hot.