- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken And Cheese Quesadillas Recipe
|Sweet red pepper||1⁄2 Small, finely diced|
|Green pepper||12 Small, finely diced|
|Frozen corn kernels||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), thawed under warm running water|
|Plum tomatoes||2 Medium, peeled, seeded and cubed|
|Minced fresh cilantro||2 Tablespoon|
|Scallions||4 Medium, coarsely chopped|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Cooked chicken breast||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Bite Sized Pieces)|
|Canned mild green chiles||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Monterey jack cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), grated|
|12 inch flour tortillas||8|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
Calories 1027 Calories from Fat 424
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.8%
Saturated Fat 16.4 g82.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75.5 mg
Sodium 2096.6 mg87.4%
Total Carbohydrates 113 g37.7%
Dietary Fiber 10.5 g42%
Sugars 11.7 g
Protein 36 g72.5%
Vitamin A 57.3% Vitamin C 360.4%
Calcium 45.7% Iron 36.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small bowl, mix all the salsa ingredients. Allow it to stand for 1 hour. Drain well.
2) Keep 4 tortillas on a flat surface, evenly spread the chicken, cheese, and chiles over tortillas.
3) Cover with the remaining 4 tortillas. Seal the ends together by pinching slightly.
4) Heat a heavy 8- to 10-inch skillet, with just enough oil to coat its bottom to prevent the tortillas from sticking.
5) Add in cheese and sauté until it is melted and the quesadilla turns lightly brown on both sides. It is best if the quesadillas are cooked and served one at a time.
6) Using a knife, cut the quesadillas into pie-shaped wedges .
7) Serve the quesadillas hot with the salsa.