- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken and Celery Pie Recipe
|8 inch double crust pastry||1|
|Diced cooked chicken||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery stalks||4 , sliced diagonally|
|Blanched slivered almonds||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Medium cream sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg/Milk||1 (For Glazing)|
Calories 570 Calories from Fat 317
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.8%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g36.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 187.9 mg
Sodium 754.8 mg31.5%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.3%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 35 g70.2%
Vitamin A 15.4% Vitamin C 9.5%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 450 degrees.
2) With about half of the pastry line a pie plate of 8-inches.
3) For the filling, mix all the ingredients together and carefully season.
4) Turn mixture into the pastry shell and after moistening the edges of the pastry, put on the top crust. With the back of a knife, press the edges and with the pastry trimmings, decorate the top of the pie.
5) With milk or egg, glaze the pie and bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 375 degrees and bake for about 20 to 30 minutes or till the pastry is brown and crisp.
6) Serve hot.