- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken and Brown Rice Casserole Recipe
|Onions||6 Medium, chopped|
|Chopped celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced cooked chicken||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Canned ripe olives||4 1⁄2 Ounce, chopped (1 Small Can)|
|Coffee cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 1398 Calories from Fat 449
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g78.7%
Saturated Fat 16.1 g80.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 300.2 mg
Sodium 1299.4 mg54.1%
Total Carbohydrates 140 g46.6%
Dietary Fiber 16.7 g66.7%
Sugars 29.3 g
Protein 96 g191.6%
Vitamin A 38.7% Vitamin C 94.9%
Calcium 33.6% Iron 48.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a skillet, heat butter and add onions, celery, salt and pepper and cook until celery turns soft.
2. In a pan, cook rice by using chicken broth and once done, put the rice in the onion mixture.
3. Put chicken in the skillet and flip gently.
4. Put the olives in the chicken mixture and pour the content in a large casserole dish after greasing it well.
5. Put the dish for baking at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
6. Serve hot in a dish.