- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken and Bean Sprout Soup Recipe
|Chicken||1 Kilogram (Kept Whole, 1 Piece)|
|Onion||1 Medium, roughly chopped|
|Stalk celery||1 , roughly chopped|
|Ginger||2 Inch, roughly chopped|
|Light soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Bean sprouts||100 Gram|
Calories 340 Calories from Fat 169
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.9%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 111.7 mg
Sodium 824.8 mg34.4%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.2%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 35 g70.6%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C 8.5%
Calcium 4% Iron 10.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash the chicken thoroughly.
2. In a large pan, put chicken along with all the other ingredients except bean sprouts.
3. Add to it 10 cups water and cook till chicken is tender.
4. Then remove from heat and allow the chicken to cool in the stock.
5. Remove chicken from pan and strain stock into a fresh pan.
6. Dispose of the residue.
7. Allow chicken to cool.
8. Remove skin and bones of chicken and dispose them too.
9. Shred or cube chicken flesh and set aside.
10. Reheat soup before serving.
11. Also add bean sprouts.
12. Bring to boil and then remove from heat immediately.
13. Add chicken cubes to it.
14. Ladle the soup hot in warmed soup bowls.
15. serve hot with crusty bread.