- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken and Asparagus Soup Recipe
|Asparagus||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Pint (850 Milliliter / 3.75 Cups)|
|Dry white wine||5 Fluid Ounce (150 Milliliter)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Vermicelli noodles||2 Ounce (60 Gram)|
|Cooked chicken||12 Ounce, finely shredded (350 Gram)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1498 Calories from Fat 480
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81.9%
Saturated Fat 14.4 g71.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 286.9 mg
Sodium 1694.5 mg70.6%
Total Carbohydrates 106 g35.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.6%
Sugars 26.1 g
Protein 117 g234.5%
Vitamin A 106.7% Vitamin C 64.8%
Calcium 25.1% Iron 87%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Four the stock and wine into a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
3. Wash the herbs and tic them with clean string. Peel the garlic clove and add, with the herbs, to the saucepan together with the asparagus and noodles. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in the chicken and plenty of seasoning. Simmer gently for a further 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
5. Trim the leek, slice it down the centre and wash under running water to remove any dirt. Shake dry and shred finely.
6. Remove the herbs and garlic and discard.
7. Ladle the soup into warm bowls, sprinkle with shredded leek and serve at once.