- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken and Apricot Filo Pie Recipe
|Bulgur wheat||3 Ounce (75 Gram, 1/2 Cup)|
|Butter||3 Ounce (75 Gram, 6 Tablespoon)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Minced chicken||1 Pound (Ground Chicken, 450 Gram)|
|Dried apricots||2 Ounce, finely chopped (50 Gram, 1/4 Cup, Ready To Eat)|
|Chopped almonds||1 Ounce (25 Gram, 1/4 Cup)|
|Ground cinnamon||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)|
|Ground allspice||2 1⁄2 Milliliter (1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Greek yogurt||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon, Us Strained Plain)|
|Chopped fresh chives||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Filo pastry sheets||8 Large|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2895 Calories from Fat 1169
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 131 g201.8%
Saturated Fat 57.1 g285.3%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 572.9 mg
Sodium 1532.9 mg63.9%
Total Carbohydrates 308 g102.7%
Dietary Fiber 38.8 g155.3%
Sugars 48.8 g
Protein 134 g267.9%
Vitamin A 160.9% Vitamin C 115.7%
Calcium 42.3% Iron 65.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Heat 25g/1oz/2 tbsp of the butter in a frying pan, add the onion and chicken and gently fry until golden.
3. Stir in the apricots, almonds and bulgur wheat and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the cinnamon, allspice, yogurt, chives and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 400°F/ Gas 6. Melt the remaining butter. Unroll the filo pastry and cut into 25cm/10in rounds. Keep the pastry rounds covered with a damp dishtowel to prevent them from drying out.
5. Line a 23cm/9in loose-based flan tin (quiche pan) with three filo rounds, brushing each one with butter as you go. Spoon in the chicken mixture and cover with three more rounds, brushing with melted butter as before.
6. Crumple the remaining two pastry rounds and place them on top of the pie, then brush over the remaining melted butter. Bake the pie for about 30 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and crisp. Serve the pie hot or cold, cut in wedges and garnished with a few chives.