- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken and Almond Rissoles Recipe
|Vegetables||4 Ounce, parboiled|
|Cooked chicken||1 Cup (16 tbs), ground|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Dried tarragon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder/Allspice||1 Pinch, ground|
|Egg yolk||1 , beaten|
|Almonds||2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Groundnut oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Celery||1 , thinly sliced|
|Snow peas/Sugar snap peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 438 Calories from Fat 245
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.5%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g43.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 163.9 mg
Sodium 519.3 mg21.6%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.4%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 25 g50.3%
Vitamin A 182.4% Vitamin C 65.7%
Calcium 12% Iron 19.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400Â°F/200Â°C.
2) In a large bowl, add chicken, potatoes, carrot, herbs and garlic with spices and seasonings.
3) Add the egg and bind the mixture.
4) Divide the mixture into two parts and shape them into 'sausages'. Spread nuts on a plate and roll the rissoles in the nuts
5) In a greased oven-proof dish, place the rissoles and cook in preheated oven for 20 minutes until rissoles are browned.
6) Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat oil and saute scallions and celery for 1-2 minutes.
7) Add corn cobs, snap peas and vinegar and cook for further 2-3 minutes.
8) In individual serving platters, arange baked rissoles with sauteed veggies.
9) Garnish the platter with lime wedges and serve.