- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Alfredo Part 2: Preparing The Dish Recipe Video
|Boneless chicken breasts||1 Pound|
|Heavy whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), pressed|
Calories 760 Calories from Fat 430
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75%
Saturated Fat 29.2 g146.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 235.3 mg
Sodium 338.8 mg14.1%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.1%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 38 g76.8%
Vitamin A 36.4% Vitamin C 4.1%
Calcium 18.2% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Fill the large five (5) quart pot half full with hot water. Add two (2) pinches of salt. Heat the water on high until it boils. It will take about ten minutes for the water to boil.
3. When the cream starts to boil, keep stirring and lower the heat to medium. It will take about twelve to fifteen minutes for the cream to reduce its volume and thicken. When the cream is ready (thickened), just keep it on low heat on the back burner.
4. Warm up your frying pan on medium-high heat and add about one (1) teaspoon of olive oil or vegetable oil to the pan. When the oil is hot you can add the chicken (trim off skin and fat) and cook for about three to four minutes (3-4) on each side.
5. The hot water will now be boiling - add your pasta to it. Stir and cook it for about eight minutes or whatever time is instructed on the package. You can now turn the water down to medium.
6. Check your chicken. If it is light-brown on the bottom, flip it over to the other side. When you flip it over you can add salt and pepper and then cook for another three to four minutes. When the chicken is completely cooked, you take it out of the pan and put it onto a cutting board and cut into small pieces. Note: If you are using a chicken breast, it will take longer to cook.
7. When the pasta is ready (don’t overcook), make sure to drain it very well with a strainer. Then, put the pasta into a serving bowl.
8. Add the reduced cream and the cooked chicken to the pasta. Mix all of this very well with a wooden spoon. Add parmesan cheese and if you want you can garnish with chopped parsley or other herbs (lemon thyme, tarragon).
For more information please visit: http://www.easymacuisine.com