- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Alexandria Recipe
|Packaged precooked rice||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hot chicken bouillon||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Hot milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Steak sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Seasoned salt||To Taste|
|Diced cooked chicken||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Canned mushrooms with liquid||16 Ounce, chopped (4 cans, 4 ounces each)|
|Canned pimientos||8 Ounce (2 cans, 4 ounces each)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, minced|
|Soft stale bread cubes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), buttered|
Calories 227 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.8%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g28.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.5 mg
Sodium 148.1 mg6.2%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.61 g2.5%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 11 g22.9%
Vitamin A 11.5% Vitamin C 16.6%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 8.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare the rice as directed on the label of the packet. Add one tablespoon salt to the water and simmer on low heat.
2. Set the crumbs aside as a topping
3. Preheat the oven to 400°F
4. In a large pan, melt the butter and add flour to the butter.
5. SautÃ© on medium heat till done. Add the liquids to the pan and then cook on low heat till thickened and done.
6. Add the steak sauce to the pan and mix well
7. Use the seasoned salt to season the sauce and add pepper to taste.
8. Mix the rice and the rest of the ingredients in to the pan.
9. Pour this mixture into shallow baking dishes and then top with the crumbs and bake for 10 minutes till done.
10. Serve immediately