- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Afritada Recipe Video
|Chicken||500 Gram, cut into pieces|
|Red onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), chopped finely|
|Potato||300 Gram, cubed|
|Carrots||300 Gram, cubed|
|Tomato paste||100 Gram|
|Red bell pepper||150 Gram, cubed|
|Green peas||120 Gram|
|Chicken bouillon cube||3 Cubic Centimeter|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Bay leaves||2 , dried|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 501 Calories from Fat 197
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.9%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 83.7 mg
Sodium 340.3 mg14.2%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.1 g36.3%
Sugars 20.2 g
Protein 32 g63.6%
Vitamin A 289.4% Vitamin C 151.9%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 19.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat the oil in a cooking pan. Pan fry the chicken 3 minutes each side or until light brown. Set-aside.
2. In the same pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion for 1 minute.
3. Put tomato paste, chicken cubes (OR Chicken Broth), and water. Add the chicken and stir.
4. Cover and let it boil. Simmer for 15 minutes or until meat is tender.
5. Add the potatoes and carrots and simmer for 8 minutes.
6. Put the bell pepper, green peas, sugar and ground pepper and continue simmering for 3 more minutes. Turn off the heat and remove bay leaves.
7. In a serving plate serve the chicken afritada with rice.