- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Adobo (Traditional Filipino Dish) Recipe Video
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), sliced|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rice vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||200 Gram (cut in wedges)|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Steamed rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Calories 3730 Calories from Fat 928
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 103 g158.3%
Saturated Fat 26.5 g132.4%
Trans Fat 2.8 g
Cholesterol 2309.9 mg
Sodium 3839.6 mg160%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.6%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 622 g1243.1%
Vitamin A 34.6% Vitamin C 164.9%
Calcium 34.9% Iron 182.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Remove excess fat from the chicken pieces if desired. Prick the chicken with a fork to let the seasonings penetrate.
2. Cut onion in wedges.
3. In a large pot, add garlic, bay leaves, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, black pepper and the onions.
4. Add chicken drumsticks, cover and marinate the chicken for 1 hour. You can also choose to refrigerate the chicken in a ziplock bag.
5. After an hour, place the pot on the stove.
6. Add 1/2 cup (100ml) water and bring to a boil.
7. Turn the heat down to low and cover with otoshi buta (drop-lid - you can use aluminum foil) and cook for 30 minutes. You can stir occasionally.
8. Uncover and simmer until sauce is reduced and slightly thickened.
9. Serve the chicken with (or over) steamed rice and drizzle with the sauce. You can also serve it over noodles, pasta, bread, or mashed potatoes.