- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
EZ Chicken Adobo: My Chicken Adobo Recipe Video
|Garlic head||1 , roughly chopped|
|Brown onion||1 , sliced and caramelized|
|Chicken thighs and legs||2 Pound, brined|
|Canola oil/Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Sliced ginger||3 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Sushi rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (pearled, cooked as per packet instructions)|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (any kind Rice, white, or apple cider.)|
|Black pepper||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, lightly cracked|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 448 Calories from Fat 112
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.4%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 113.3 mg
Sodium 1102.8 mg45.9%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 32 g64.4%
Vitamin A 7.2% Vitamin C 8.3%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, heat little oil and saute the onion slices until light brown in colour , remove and set aside.
2. In a pot put together all the ingredients for adobo sauce and bring it to a boil.
3. Lower the heat, add in the little bit of ½ teaspoon ginger and ½ teaspoon garlic, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. In a pan, heat oil and saute remaining garlic and ginger for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
5. Add in the chicken skin side down, paprika, salt and pepper, stir and allow to brown light.
6. Put in the caramelized onions, and stream in the prepared sauce, cover with foil and allow to simmer for 30 minutes on low heat.
7. Serve hot with rice.