- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken A La King With Hot Rice Recipe
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Paprika||1 Teaspoon (Or As Required)|
|Chicken stock/Canned broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 , beaten|
|Pimentos||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into strips|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), sauteed|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cut into strips and cooked in water until soft|
|Chicken||3 Cup (48 tbs), diced and cooked|
Calories 659 Calories from Fat 356
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.3%
Saturated Fat 20.2 g101.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 230.4 mg
Sodium 458.8 mg19.1%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g7%
Sugars 14.4 g
Protein 30 g60.2%
Vitamin A 46.2% Vitamin C 48.2%
Calcium 11.7% Iron 15.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a skillet, heat butter.
2) To this, stir in flour and a few grains of paprika.
3) Now, add chicken stock, milk and cream, stirring constantly.
4) Bring the sauce to a boil.
5) Add hot (but not boiling) water to this and cook for 15 more minutes.
6) Remove the sauce from heat.
7) To this, add beaten egg yolks, pimento, mushrooms, cooked green peppers and chicken.
8) Season with salt, pepper and sherry to taste.
9) Serve with hot rice.
You can use the same sauce recipe for shrimp, lobster, ham, whole mushrooms, asparagus, or eggs.