- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mushroom And Chicken A La King Recipe
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken fat||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pimento||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Fresh mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Cooked chicken||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), diced|
Calories 961 Calories from Fat 775
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 87 g133.5%
Saturated Fat 37.2 g186%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 221.4 mg
Sodium 1079.8 mg45%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 0.89 g3.6%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 28 g55.1%
Vitamin A 34.8% Vitamin C 18.4%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small saucepan, combine cream and milk and heat over a low flame. Set aside.
2. In a skillet, melt the chicken fat and butter.
3. Blend in the flour and sauté for a few minutes until cooked.
4. Gradually pour in the warm milk-cream, stirring vigorously to get a smooth sauce.
5. Cook on a low flame, stirring constantly until thick and bubbly.
6. Season sauce according to taste.
7. Tip in the chopped pimentos and sliced mushrooms and the cooked chicken.
8. Heat through and serve or place pan over a double boiler to keep warm until ready to serve.
9. Serve the stew over fried bread, muffins, in a vol-au –vent case or over rice or pasta.