- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken A La King With Bacon Recipe
|Canned mushrooms||14 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned peas||6 Ounce (1 Small Can)|
|Diced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Onion salt||To Taste|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Diced cooked chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped pimento||2 Tablespoon|
|Crisp bacon slices||6 , crumbled|
Calories 718 Calories from Fat 319
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.6%
Saturated Fat 20.1 g100.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 183 mg
Sodium 1506.6 mg62.8%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.8%
Sugars 12.3 g
Protein 44 g88.3%
Vitamin A 32.7% Vitamin C 29.8%
Calcium 21.6% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Drain the peas and mushrooms. Reserve the liquids.
2) In a saucepan, sauté mushrooms and celery together in butter till they are tendered and stir the flour in.
3) To the reserved liquids, add enough milk to make 2 cups of liquid. Stir into the flour mixture in the pan. Cook the concoction till is has thickened, stirring constantly.
4) Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste, soy sauce and onion salt.
5) Add chicken, pimento and peas to the concoction. Heat thoroughly.
6) Right before serving, add the bacon.
7) Serve hot.
Preparation can be served over toast points or in pastry shells.