- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Pea Curry Recipe
|Baking potatoes||4 Large|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Ground coriander||2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned chick peas||14 Ounce, drained (2 X 400 G Can)|
|Full fat yogurt||5 Fluid Ounce (150 Milliliter, Plain)|
Calories 503 Calories from Fat 128
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.6%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.7 mg
Sodium 436.8 mg18.2%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g27.9%
Dietary Fiber 10.2 g40.9%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 13 g26.8%
Vitamin A 11.3% Vitamin C 40.7%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 26.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Heat the oven.
2) In the oven, set the potatoes for baking.
3) In a saucepan, melt the butter and fry the onion gently until it turns golden brown.
4) To the pan, add all the different spices and cook briefly.
5) Moisten the ingredients with 2 fl oz or 5 ml of water and heat through.
6) Now, add the drained chickpeas and cook the ingredients covered to mix the flavors with the peas.
7) Do not heat for too long as this may lead to the breaking up of the peas.
8) Bring out the pan from the heat, and season with salt.
9) Next, stir in the yogurt.
10) Now, spoon the curry on the steaming hot potatoes.
11) Serve the dish accompanied by sweet mango chutney.