- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
My Mother's Day Party Menu 2010-Chhole Chaat, Chocolate Strawberries Bouquet, Short Cake Dessert Recipe Video
|For the chhole chaat|
|Chana||3 Cup (48 tbs), boiled|
|Potatoes||4 Medium, boiled, cubed|
|Corn||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Punjabi masala||2 Tablespoon, divided (For the chhole, potatoes and the corn)|
|Chaat masala||1 Tablespoon, divided (For the chhole, potatoes and the corn)|
|Chole masala||2 Tablespoon, divided (For the chhole, potatoes and the corn)|
|Red onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Date and tamarind chutney||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Sweet and sour chutney)|
|Cilantro and mint chutney||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Green chutney)|
|Yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato chutney||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sev||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Hot sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Optional)|
|For the chocolate strawberry bouquets|
|Fresh strawberries||10 Medium|
|Melting chocolate||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the short cake dessert|
|Cupcakes||10 Medium (Strawberry Short cakes used)|
|Chocolate sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Icecream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh fruits||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 982 Calories from Fat 287
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.4%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g47.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.6 mg5.2%
Sodium 1121.4 mg46.7%
Total Carbohydrates 157 g52.2%
Dietary Fiber 14.6 g58.5%
Sugars 68 g
Protein 21 g41.2%
Vitamin A 21.8% Vitamin C 58.5%
Calcium 15.9% Iron 31%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedFor the chocolate strawberries bouquet:
2. A vase to put the strawberries
3. Some raw rice to put inside the vase so that the strawberries on the skewers can be pushed into it.
1. Take a bowl with 2 cups of cooked chhole/chana and coat it with Punjabi garam masala, chaat masala and chhole masala.
2. In another bowl mix the potatoes with the Punjabi garam masala, chaat masala and the chhole masala. Also mix corn with all the masalas and set aside.
3. To prepare the chhole chaat, take a serving plate, add a couple of tablespoons of the chana, a tablespoon each of potatoes and corn.
4. Top it with some chopped red onions and tomatoes.
5. Drizzle a teaspoon each of sweet and sour chutney, green chutney, tomato chutney and a tablespoon of yogurt over the top of the chaat.
6. Sprinkle a tablespoon of sev over it and finely chopped fresh cilantro. Drizzle some hot chutney in the end before serving.
7. Serve fresh.
For the chocolate strawberries bouquet:
1. Melt the chocolate for a couple of minutes in the microwave oven.
2. Pierce each strawberry into a skewer and dip the strawberry into the melted chocolate.
3. Prepare a vase with some raw rice inside, and push the skewers into it so that the strawberries remain upright and intact.
4. Serve the chocolate coated strawberries as a dessert or snack.
For the short cake dessert:
1. Arrange some strawberry short cakes in a plate. Drizzle some chocolate sauce all over it.
2. Serve this short cake dessert with a dollop of ice cream and fresh strawberries and other fruits of your choice.