- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chewy Raspberry Squares Recipe
|Sweet butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Raspberry jam||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (flaked desiccated)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4026 Calories from Fat 1773
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 204 g313.5%
Saturated Fat 110.8 g554%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 810 mg
Sodium 172.5 mg7.2%
Total Carbohydrates 531 g176.9%
Dietary Fiber 12 g48.1%
Sugars 361.7 g
Protein 42 g84.9%
Vitamin A 99.9% Vitamin C 3.3%
Calcium 18% Iron 72.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In a bowl, cream butter and 1/4 cup (50 ml) sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks. Stir in flour until blended.
3. Spread evenly in lightly greased 8-inch (20-cm) square pan and bake in oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
4. While crust is baking, in mixer bowl beat egg whites until foamy.
5. Gradually beat in remaining 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar until stiff peaks form and meringue is glossy. Gently fold in walnuts.
6. Spread raspberry jam over crust layer, sprinkle evenly with coconut. Cover with meringue, spreading evenly.
7. Return to oven and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly golden.
8. Cool completely before cutting into lx2-inch (2.5x5-cm) bars.