- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate-Cinnamon Granola Bars Recipe Video
|Whole grain oats||6 Tablespoon|
|Wheat bran||3 Tablespoon|
|Pitted dates||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pure maple syrup||3 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1155 Calories from Fat 415
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.6%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g26.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 12.8 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 183 g61%
Dietary Fiber 43.3 g173.1%
Sugars 64.1 g
Protein 35 g70%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 3.4%
Calcium 18.3% Iron 56.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
3. In a medium-sized bowl, add in the dates, walnuts, oats, wheat bran, and raisins. Then add in the cinnamon, maple syrup, cocoa, vanilla and salt.
4. Mix together well. If you find that there isn’t enough sticky-substances in the mixture to fully combine everything together, blend up a few more pitted dates and add it into the mixture. (Using your hands to mix everything works better than using a spoon.)
5. When you are able to form a solid ball with the mixture, then you have the right consistency. Place ball onto a cutting board, and flatten it with your hand. Then use a rolling pin to flatten it out, as thick or thin as you want your bars to be.
6. Cut off the uneven edges of the mixture and put them aside to use after. Cut your granola bars and place then on a parchment paper on top of a baking sheet.
Preheat oven to 325F
7. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes. Once you remove them from the oven, leave them to cool for a few minutes. They will harden as they cool down.
This video is a creation of Calm Mind Busy Body. You can visit Calm Mind Busy Body for complete recipes, and more videos.